First Thought of the Day

When your alarm goes off in the morning, what is your first thought of the day? Tiredness, warmth of your bed, anxiety...etc. Last week at Mass, Father had asked that same question. My first thought is grateful! Grateful for a working alarm, grateful for a roof over my head, grateful for my family, grateful for my job and grateful to be alive! Your first thought of the day sets the tone for the rest of the day.

If I were asked that question a year ago, my answer would be completely different. This time last year I was feeling exhausted! I was exhausted with the end of the school year work load, exhausted by all the after school activities, exhausted with my kid's homework, and exhausted physically.

Interesting what a year can do. Having weathered this storm of a year, my outlook on life has obviously changed. God has demonstrated his power in me. I believe he had me suffer this storm to better equip me to be helpful to others.

Is this my purpose? Only God knows, but each day I have a new perspective on this journey.

Comments

Popular Posts