Remission...Officially!




I did it! Cancer does not live here anymore! After 18 long agonizing months, I am officially in remission! My scan came back totally clear! I had no doubt that it would, but sometimes waiting starts to get into your head.

I had always hated when someone would say while I was fighting the fight, "There's a light at the end of the tunnel!" I know it's hard to find words for someone who is fighting for their life. Especially when they have no idea what you're exactly going through. When you're fighting cancer, it's not a walk through a tunnel. It's as if you're on an extreme roller coaster. Your feet keep dangling, your body is going through twists, turns, and upside downs. At times, you're staring at death straight in the eye! Maybe the light is God? Maybe the light is the end point? But truly...is there an end to cancer??? My bones still ache, I feel dizzy, my eyebrow haven't grown back, I've lost my eye lashes for the forth time, neuropathy still has the best of me, and my hair is still trying to grow. Those are just the physical left over side affects. Now for the rest of the my life...cancer will be holding a gun to my back whispering in the most evil voice, "I will always be right here!" I can not let fear take over. I trust God and all he has planned for me!

There is definitely a "new Diane"!!! I kind of feel like a cat with 9 lives. There's a precancer Diane---who in high school and college used up a few of my lives. Sorry mom and dad...😜 Now there's a postcancer Diane---one who appreciates another chance at life. One who appreciates every second with my family and friends.

I knocked down cancer. It's lying on the curb...NOW STAY THERE!!!

Comments

Popular Posts