4 year post chemo


You know cancer has not consumed your life any longer when your oncologist has to remind you how many years you are post chemo. But you know you're not totally out of the woods if you still have to see an oncologist.

I've finished 2023 strong with clear scans 4 years post chemo! I still need to get my regular scans completed and see my oncologist a couple more times this coming year. Year 5 is the biggest milestone a cancer survivor can accomplish - besides living out many many more years!

Some side effects that will alway be constant reminders:

~My hair grew back thinner

~I still don't have any eyebrows - hoping to get microblading soon

~I still suffer from neuropathy in my hands and feet

A question that I get often is, "What symptoms did you have?" Ovarian cancer is a silent killer. Most don't know they have it until it's too late. The most alarming symptom I had was bloating. I'm a person that takes good care of myself by eating healthy and exercise regularly. Whatever I tried to do differently - didn't help. I also had severe pelvic and back pain. So much so that standing, sitting, laying down - just about everything I tried to do didn't work. 

I have now become that go-to person for all questions related to cancer, which I know is what I was intended to do. 

Praying my next update will be a year from now shouting, "I've reached my 5 year post chemo and still in remission!"

Comments

Popular Posts