Busy Bee



We moved! Amongst all this chaos, we bought a house in San Clemente! Within 1 week our escrow closed, I had my last cycle of chemo treatment, and I went back to work. We officially moved in almost 2 weeks ago. Although we really liked where we lived, I needed a change. We didn't even bring our couch with us. I was so sick and tired of that thing...I couldn't bare to look at it 1 more day! The hours of pain I spent on that couch brings back too many bad memories. I like to say, a new year, a new house, and a new me!

Going back to work has brought so much joy to my heart although it has been challenging. My brain wants to go, but my body is still not ready. I walk up the stairs to my classroom and half way up I forget that my strength is not 100%. During mass I love to sing and clap with our wonderful band, but something as simple as clapping still makes my hands hurt. When I return home I just want to collapse, but there's still dinner to make and homework to do. Just a few short weeks ago, I was laying on the couch praying for days like this again. I'm not complaining, I just want to have 1 day without pain somewhere in my body.

Next week I begin the maintenance part of this journey. Every 3 weeks I will receive a low dose of chemo. Luckily there are no side effects...hopefully my hair will start to grow soon too!

Comments

Popular Posts