Insurance - Ugh!

Have you ever been to a place where there are beautiful multi million dollar homes and wonder, "What on earth do they do for a living to earn such a home?" I know, I know🙋 they work for our insurance companies or pharmacies! 😡 They are either taking our money or denying us procedures that save our lives!

Many of you have asked when I'm going to receive my "Hot Chemo" treatment. The answer...when my insurance approves it! 😣According to my oncologist's timeline, she would have liked to perform the procedure this month. We have had some obstacles thrown our way. The request was sent in December. My insurance denied it. It's been said that this is a pricey procedure and insurance could deny it up to 4-5 times until they finally will approve. However, my school has switched insurance carriers which started the entire process all over again. My doctor has made me aware that this is not a life or death situation, but simply a procedure that would allow her to blast the cancer cells one more time. I explained it to my girls as the grand finale of fireworks. The oncologist also plans on finally taking out one of my ports that lays right beneath my ribs which causes me discomfort and pain. She will also take samples inside my abdomen and send off for biopsy. Please pray that this procedure gets approved by these awful crooks!

Comments

Popular Posts