Mind Over Matter


As any athlete knows, success in any sport is more about your mind and spirit than it is about your body. Athletes triumph when they are able to push their bodies well beyond the human limits and keep it going. Even when they are completely beaten down and hopeless, they rally as much inner strength as they can muster to keep on going.

I am quickly learning many valuable lessons including mental toughness, human unity, and my spirituality. Last Tuesday as I was driving to my first maintenance chemo session, I started to get nauseous, my head started to hurt and I gained back the metal taste in my mouth. The human mind is more powerful than the human body. I was yelling at myself to snap out of it. Now I am looking more like a psychiatric patient rather than a cancer patient.

After my short and sweet session, I was handed the info on the side effects I may endure. All which I felt I had within the next 24 hours. Is my mind being taken over by this beast called cancer? I must add positive thoughts and attitude back into head. I must beat this chemical warfare going on in this body. It is now that time to muster up as much inner strength to keep on going beyond the human limits!

Comments

Popular Posts