Support Group vs No Support Group

It's been nearly 7 months since I was diagnosed with the "C" word. Up until about a week ago, I decided to look for an Ovarian Cancer support group. I saw a few on Facebook and started reading a few. As I was scrolling, I started to feel a sense of anxiety. My guard and shield were slowly starting to weaken as if it were being blown away in the wind. I read negative story after negative story. Even if these stories started out as good news, it was always followed by bad. My own hopes and dreams were not looking so good. I understand everyone has their own story, their own miracles, and their own way of dealing with tribulations. I don't think these support groups are for me. I'm relying on God. He is my support group. He will guide me and strengthen me! I think I always knew that. That's why it took me 7 months to even research such a group.

Comments

Popular Posts