Mommy Career

When you are about to start your mommy career, you get all kinds of advice and things to remember regarding raising kids. One thing that I will always remember is when someone told me that you will become best friends with your kid's best friends. I didn't understand it all that much, but now I surely do!

This is Laura...this little stinker surprised me last week with her presence at my door. Laura is the mom of 3 kids. She has 2 daughters that are the same age as my daughters...which have been best friends for about 6 years. Unfortunately, 2 years ago this sweet family moved to Chicago and left our girls heartbroken (myself included). We had promised to keep in touch so our girls wouldn't ever lose touch...selfishly we have kept in touch because we have become best friends. When I told her about my cancer, the first thing she said was she wanted to fly out and help me anyway she could. Weeks went by and she lead me to believe that she couldn't visit for a few more months. Last weekend, the door bell rang and there she was! With tears running down our cheeks, Elizabeth and Maddy quickly ran outside to look for their best friends. Laura had flew over by herself to surprise me! Our girls will get their chance to see each other soon we promised them.  Laura has been such a huge supporter during this journey. I had never suspected she would fly out. My spirits were immediately lifted and I had enough energy to chat and even go out to lunch one day!

A mommy career is the absolute hardest career one can have. With friends like this, Laura certainly makes it more fun! Thanks my beautiful friend!

Comments

Popular Posts