3 and 3

Today marks 3 weeks since my hysterectomy and 3 days since my first chemo treatment. The chemo nurse had warned me that today I would feel like a truck hit me. Some how I managed to get myself out of bed and make it to the soccer field at 7:30am to watch our little Maddy play. I may have walked a little slower, my legs wobbled with each small step, but Maddy's passion is our passion. I even made it back out for her second game in the afternoon. I know there will days where I can't get out of bed, but if I have an ounce of strength...I'm going. 

Our family has been so fortunate to have meals delivered by our St. Anne teachers and families. One of our good friends, Gizzi's, made us the best chicken tortilla soup. They even made some extra for me to freeze and eat later.  In between games we came home to rest and eat. I broke open that bad boy soup and I felt the power to continue on.

Without my faith, without my family, without my friends strength would be hard to find!

Comments

Popular Posts