"Meh"

The last 4 days I have felt "Meh" A couple of side effects is nausea, tiredness, and flu like symptoms. Yes, yes, and yes to all of those! This morning I woke up and felt 40% myself...which is actually not that bad. Thursday I go in for my 2nd treatment and then the sickness cycle starts all over again. This isn't even the aggressive chemo. There's another treatment, which doesn't start until next month, where they will pump the chemo directly into my abdomen to kill all the bastard cancer cells that are lurking and hiding.

I'm feeling a little left out this week. All the teachers are reporting back to school and attending meetings. This is one of my favorite weeks. The energy, enthusiasm, and anticipation is like no other. Teachers are busy setting up their classrooms (if they hadn't already done so throughout the summer), receiving in services on new programs, receiving training on technology, passing out supplies and books so the students are all set from the moment they walk in, writing names on tags/stickers, and planning...not just the first week, but the for the entire year! This is the only week out of the whole school year where teachers can talk to adults all day (besides summer). Don't get me wrong, teachers love our students, but uninterrupted time is pretty precious too.

Comments

Popular Posts