Broken Heart

Last night my sweet Uncle Jim passed away. He has been battling stage 4 cancer for a few years. Uncle Jim served in the Navy, was a rad surfer, amazing husband and father, a proud Irishman, and an all around good family man. During our family get togethers, Uncle Jim was the go to person for all family stories, pictures, and videos. He would bust open pictures that would date back many many years. What a terrible loss to us all, but we know he is now rejoicing with the Lord. He leaves behind a loving wife and 3 gentle hearted sons. This picture is of my uncle and my mama. They were very close in age, 11 months apart. My mom is from your typical large Irish Catholic family of 6. She has 3 brothers and 2 sisters. Uncle Jim and my mom had a special bond as they were your typical "middle child". As we mourn the passing of our Uncle, it is a reminder of how devastating cancer is. Especially the last few days with some well known people who have also passed from this disease. As I too am in the biggest fight of my life, you bet that when I'm done and healthy...people are going to hear my voice!

Comments

Popular Posts