How are the girls?

⇒Elizabeth

When we told the girls, Elizabeth was very upset...however I couldn't tell if it was the news that mommy is pretty sick or the news that we had to cancel our vacation plans to Chicago and couldn't visit our best buddies, the Blackwell's. 💁 She has made a turn around and understands that we will reschedule. She also hasn't left my side! Elizabeth has a very motherly personality. She loves to help others and is very sensitive. Even if I sneeze, she asks if I'm ok. It's her 11th birthday today! She loves birthdays...especially her own!

⇒Maddy

Maddy took the news very quietly. She needs to eternalize first within her own head and then ask questions later..usually just before bed! Maddy is a very strong-willed child. Which drives us crazy now, but we know she's going to be an amazing leader later. She's the kind of girl that will stick up for her friends, even if it means pushing boys to the curb!

They both are quickly learning to be more independent...especially around the house! Maddy already loves to cook and puts her own clothes away...now she's learning how the whole washer and dryer thing works. Elizabeth is trying really hard to clean up after herself.  Only time will tell. I understand that cancer won't just affect me, it will affect my whole family!




Comments

Popular Posts